Voorhies

Name: Dr. Michael Voorhies Jr. Ph. D. MS

Position: Researcher (interim pending permanent approval)

Skills

  • Animal Handling 1
  • Defense: 2
  • Driving: 2
  • Electronics: 3
  • Melee attack: 2
  • Piloting: (boat) 1
  • Science (geology): 4
  • Wilderness Survival: 2

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

Dr. Voorhies has a number of rugged khaki-style articles of clothing, a large wide-brim field hat, a noticeably sharp Leatherman multi-tool, a 5' walking stick with "Wanda" burned into the shaft and a well used Estwing 22oz rock hammer with "Mjollnir" written on the holster.

(testing of both "Wanda" and "Mjollnir" have proved no known extra-normal quality. When asked about the names, Dr. Voorhies replied "Everybody names their rock hammer.")

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

Labcoat
Laptop
Brunton compass

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

Mike, as he prefers to be called, is a friendly individual who is even tempered and very patient. Since assignment to Site 23 he has been very interested in any activity that does not involve doing paperwork. Dr. Voorhies is eager to return to "the field" and is quick to volunteer for any non-hazardous retrieval, especially those assignments that are, as he puts it, "In the middle of nowhere".

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

Dr. Voorhies is easily distracted by the benign minutia of day to day office work, often wasting hours online or idly fiddling with old papers and geologic samples. While exposed so far only to "Safe" classification SCPs, Mike is very interested in any object "geologic" in nature, and will generally forget what he was doing previously to inspect the object completely.

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Dr. Voorhies is a brilliant though not well known son of the more famous Paleontologist, Dr. Mike Voorhies Sr. His publications are few as many have been suppressed by the foundation. Mike spent much of his professional career wandering BMN and Nat. Park land in southern Utah and Arizona. While he shows no conscious ability to find interesting objects, he has a knack for stumbling across things in the field, writing up the discovery as best as he can as a naturally occuring geologic phenomenon and routinely being shot down by most all peer-reviewed publications. Those few periodicals who have published Dr. Voorhies tend to be unrespected printers of the fantastic, psuedo-science, and cryptozoology.

Dr. Voorhies was invited to join the foundation after his involvement in [DATA EXPUNGED]. While an innocent by-standard he was the only non-foundation witness and could not be allowed to return to civilian life. Mike does not know that refusal to work for the Foundation would have resulted in termination, his voluntary compliance is noted.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

Mike always has a small terra-cotta pot of pistachios on his desk and invites anybody who wants some to sit down and "shoot the shit" with him. (see Addendum 2-B)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License