Name: Dr. Tamara Chlorin
Position: Botanist (Level 1 researcher)
Mental Defense: 3
Physical Defense: 2
Ranged Weapons: 2
Simple Weapons: 0
Science: 5 (specializing in botany & other biology)
Mental Health: 7
Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions
- Civilian clothes, including a suit or two and numerous sweaters
- Canvas satchel
- Sturdy hiking clothes, solid hiking boots, and a set of backpacking gear
- Small weatherproof journals
- Numerous pencils & pens
- Numerous plants, including (among others) Actaea pachypoda, Adenia volkensii, Adenia pechuelii, Selaginella lepidophylla, Nepenthes rajah, Nepenthes alata, Proboscidea louisianica, several tropical & temperate orchids, Cinnamomum verum bonsai, a kitchen herb garden, Taxus brevifolia sapling, Jasminum officinale, Taraxacum kok-saghyz and T. californicum, Tmesipteris tannensis, Psilotum nudum, several different Marchantia spp., eight or nine Hymenophyllum spp., Trifolium nanum, Dracophyllum recurvum, Colobanthus quitensis, Deschampsia antarctica, and an as-yet-undescribed species of leptosporangiate fern
- Plant-care supplies — fertilizers, a menagerie of potting media, watering systems, sunlamps, plant hormones, agar, rubbing alcohol, antifungal treatments, innumerable pots & other containers
Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment
- Laptop (with ecological simulators, database software, web browser, JSTOR, etc.)
- Sampling equipment — sealable bags, hedge clippers, flagging tape
- Measuring equipment — tape measures, calipers
- GPS unit
- Digital camera
- Climbing rope
- Swiss Army knife — scissors, knife blade, saw blade, file, flat & Phillips screwdrivers, bottle-opener, pen, coarse & fine tweezers, probe, awl
Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits
- If it has anything to do with plants, she probably has a finger in it (assuming she’s cleared, of course).
- She keeps her head in a crisis, and can take charge if necessary.
Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws
- If it has anything to do with plants, she probably has a weakness for it.
- She goes into mild shock – “gets the shakes” — after combat or seriously life-threatening situations. (Her definition of “life-threatening” has been forcibly narrowed of late, though. Mere contact with a dangerous but contained SCP no longer qualifies.)
- She explores unfamiliar objects by touch and scent almost as much as by sight and hearing, which can get her in trouble. (She does at least have the sense not to try it on obviously dangerous objects.)
Addendum 3-A: Personnel HistoryDr. Chlorin, notably enough for a Foundation researcher, led a rather normal life up through her college years. She attended the University of ██████, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in botany cum laude; at ████████ University █████, she completed a combined master’s and doctoral program.
She came to the attention of the Foundation in the last year of her doctoral work, alongside SCP-███, in the ████████ Research Greenhouse Incident. [DATA REDACTED] liberal application of herbicide helped to ensured containment [DATA REDACTED] escaped with minimal greening.* The incident demonstrated her capacity for leadership and quick thinking under pressure, despite her unfortunate reaction afterwards. Rather than administer amnesiacs immediately, Foundation agents offered her a research position: she accepted on condition that she be allowed to finish her studies first.
Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous
Dr. Tamara Chlorin is a botanist through and through. Her office is a veritable mini-jungle, full of unusual foliage, some of it under study either casually or as a tangential part of some SCP project. She thinks of plants rather more actively than most, referring to them casually in terms usually reserved for animals: “cute”, “slippery”, as “critters”. Some of her colleagues are convinced that she likes them more than people.
She’s a retiring type, amiable enough but often alone. Her speech is casual and frequently slangy, though she keeps it out of the technical writing on pain of a tongue-lashing from her superiors. She is currently a Level 1 researcher attached to research on SCP-628.
At 5’5” tall and 140 lb, she’s mostly unremarkable in appearance. Her shoulder-length dark-brown hair takes on a slight green cast in certain light. That and the faint, unhealthy-looking greenish tinge to her olive skin are the lingering legacy of the [DATA REDACTED] Greenhouse Incident, and continue to fade slowly away.