o1raw

<Heiden_GM>: The cameras show a plodding advance towards a rather boring, nondescript house.
Agent_Li gathers herself and watches sternly. Focus on the job, Jennifer. Focus.
<Heiden_GM>: They've stopped in front of the house. You can hear faint snippets of conversation.
<Heiden_GM>: ""Excellent. We've had a pair go in and unlock the basement door ahead of you…"
<Heiden_GM>: Agents Nikodem, Helgason, and Nelson begin to approach the house. The door looms wide, and swings open to reveal…
<Heiden_GM>: A pretty plain entry room. Nothing exciting as they turn and head towards a strangely dark staircase.
<Heiden_GM>: A door opens with a loud creak. You can see nothing from their cameras. Just blackness.
Agent_Li frowns, expecting the worst within the first 10 minutes of mission start.
<Heiden_GM>: A light comes on, spilling light into a rather boring looking basement. Wood paneled, a pair of doors on Helgason's right and left.
<Heiden_GM>: They speak, but the quality of the sound equipment is bad, or whatever they're transmitting through is damaging the transmission. You can't catch anything intelligible.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason's team begins moving for the right door and opens it. The same inky darkness, cut only by the team's flashlights.
<Heiden_GM>: An astoundingly long hallway, in the same wood-paneled style as the room before it. Doors crop up every few dozen feet.
Agent_Li nervously fiddles with the knife Nikodem left with her.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason steps into the room, and suddenly a vicious burst of static assaults your ears.
<Agent_Li>: Li shouts and tosses off her ear phones in surprise, then scrambles to put them back on. "Team 2? Team 2! Respond!"
<Heiden_GM>: [Helgason's Team 1, you want me to relay that to them or Team 2]
<Agent_Li>: Team 1 rather. The correct one that is seemingly in immediate danger.
<Heiden_GM>: Agent Nikodem says in a calm tone, directly into the microphone so it actually comes through clearly: "We are here."
<Agent_Li>: "There was radio interference, status report?"
<Heiden_GM>: They seem to be conferring as they examine the door. The camera's fine, and the sounds coming in clear. But they aren't responding to you.
* Laito is now known as Agent_Li
<Heiden_GM>: Team 1 has pulled the door off the hinges and set it on the ground.
<Heiden_GM>: They cross into the hallway. They still haven't responded.
<Agent_Li>: "Team 1, are you reading, status report."
<Heiden_GM>: Finally, a response.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "STatus is that we've encounted a bit of resistance, but we are still aware and together. I heard whispering. We're going right, and we removed the door before proceeding."
<Agent_Li>: "Copy"
<Heiden_GM>: Agent Deboux: "Miss Li, can y'all hear us clear?" They're descending the steps into the basement.
<Agent_Li>: "Clear, Team 2, I hear you."
<Heiden_GM>: The hallway Team 1's entered seems to be a standard, paradimensional endless corridor. You've seen it before, you'll see it again.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason steps up to a door and opens it, revealing a small studio.
<Heiden_GM>: An easel sits in a corner, and painting supplies litter the room.
<Heiden_GM>: Meanwhile, Deboux's team has taken the left door, and the room is a wreck. You hear Deboux curse faintly. Molds are growing all over the walls, ceiling, and floor, and puddles appear to have been standing there for quite some time.
<Agent_Li>: Li's eyes dart about to each monitor.
<Heiden_GM>: A faint puff of static, and Helgason's camera fuzzes for a split-second.
<Agent_Li>: "Helgason, report."
<Heiden_GM>: Another fuzz, this time on Nikodem's camera as he turns the easel.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: ""I just did, Li. We've tried the first room, it's an art studio about four meters square.""
Agent_Li rubs her face wearily. She's never had to be on this side before, and now she is. Due to cowardice. "…Copy"
<Heiden_GM>: Team 2 proceeds slowly into the room. They freeze in the middle of the room. You can faintly hear Deboux: "…hear that?"
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Moving to the next room, Li."
<Agent_Li>: To Helgason: "Copy, team 1." Li eyes Deboux's camera.
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux's team rushes out of the room back into the entryway.
<Agent_Li>: "Team 2, report." Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Li is freaking out a little inside.
<Heiden_GM>: Tim's camera fuzzes out completely and a horrendous burst of static once again assaults you.
Agent_Li hisses sharply and winces. "Report! Somebody answer me!"
<Heiden_GM>: Team Two's cameras are focused on a sealed door, which they seem to be attempting to open. Tim went in there and it closed behind him.
<Agent_Li>: "Team 2?"
<Heiden_GM>: Continuous fuzz from Johnson's camera. The same awful static. It's not letting up this time. You hear a keening wail that couldn't possibly come from the Agent.
<Agent_Li>: Johnson is on team 1?
<Heiden_GM>: Team 2.
<Heiden_GM>: Tim Johnson.
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux: ""Miss Li, we're seprated. I think Johnson is trying to break the door down.""
<Agent_Li>: Li flips open the case that protects the collar control switches…she places her fingers on the one controlling Tim's collar, shuts her eyes, and flips it.
<Heiden_GM>: Tim's screen cuts out entirely as the bomb detonates.
<Agent_Li>: …"…Team 2?"
<Heiden_GM>: Teese: "…Li. It's Teese. Simon and I are alive."
<Heiden_GM>: "…did you just blow up Johnson?"
<Agent_Li>: A long pause. "Continue exploration, Team 2," she replies, the slightest bit shakey in voice. May not even transfer over the comms.
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux: ""How? The Door's sealed. should we follow Team 1?"
<Agent_Li>: "S-stand by, 2." To team 1, "Team 1, report?"
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: ""Li, we heard a thump from the Entryway."
<Agent_Li>: "1, team 2 has lost a man, and should be joining you. Proceed with caution." To team 2, "Proceed to Team 1's location."
<Heiden_GM>: Nikodem: "Who?"
<Agent_Li>: to Niko, "Johnson."
Agent_Li silently battles herself, fighting to get herself to stop fretting and focus.
<Heiden_GM>: Team 1 and the remnants of Team Two have met in the corridor. Helgason exchanges security identification codewords with them.
Agent_Li closes her eyes, risking a few moments of not paying attention in order to gather herself. Meditate. Seconds later, she peers at the cameras again.
<Heiden_GM>: They are /still/ shooting the shit at the same door they've been at for the last fifteen minutes.
<Heiden_GM>: Okay, cameras look like they're finally getting a move on.
<Heiden_GM>: Down the same hallway, towards another door.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Li, we're all together a-" static burst "-rified."
<Agent_Li>: "Say again, Helgason."
Agent_Li ponders getting transferred to a quieter location. Maybe a city-based site.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Teams One and Two have combined and identities verified."
<Agent_Li>: "Copy, proceed."
<Heiden_GM>: You catch snippets of argument about who's going through the door. Cameras pointed towards it show a fragile-looking wooden staircase.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason's camera takes point and begins trudging down the staircase.
<Heiden_GM>: Each step creaks quite loudly. Helgason's camera fuzzes for a moment, then returns to normal.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Li, we're going down a stairwell in room Three-Right."
<Agent_Li>: "Copy," Li replies. Her eyes flick over the other camera ritualistically, then back to Helgason's.
<Heiden_GM>: Nielson's camera is unchanged, still standing guard over the door. It flickers with static.
<Heiden_GM>: Nielson pulls the door off its hinges, then hurries to catch up with the group.
<Heiden_GM>: Step, step, step, *CRACK*.
Agent_Li jumps a bit.
<Heiden_GM>: A jumbled mess of images as he tumbles down, the staircase having given way.
<Heiden_GM>: The characteristic burst of static.
<Agent_Li>: "Nielson? Team, report, is Nielson alright?"
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Li, we lost sight of Neilson."
Agent_Li watches Nielson's camera intently.
<Heiden_GM>: Faint bursts of static, but it's mostly just black. His light seems to have gone out.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: ""Then we go down!"
<Agent_Li>: To the team, "Nielson's camera feed is giving me nothing. Proceed with caution."
<Heiden_GM>: A faint thump from Nielson's feed, then a strangled shout: "I'm - I'm f-fine! I'll be there in a m-moment!"
<Heiden_GM>: Nielson continues to shout up at his rescuers. "Toss it down, yeah- STAY AWAY -" The voice is shifting from tone to tone.
<Heiden_GM>: Nielson: "NEW TOY TOY TOY - AWAY! STAY AWAY!"
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: ""Li, detonate Neilson's collar."
<Agent_Li>: Li takes a breath and flips the appropriate switch.
<Heiden_GM>: Nielson's camera cuts out.
<Agent_Li>: …"…R-. *Ahem* "Report?"
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "Li, we're cut off. If we lose radio contact, hit the-" static burst - "MINE" - "see you in the Shining Fields."
Agent_Li fucking pauses rock-still.
<Agent_Li>: "I-…t-team?"
<Heiden_GM>: That voice wasn't Helgason's.
<Agent_Li>: She's crying a bit now. Her lip quivers as she flips the switch on Helgason.
<Heiden_GM>: Helgason: "You're breaking up, L-"
<Heiden_GM>: His camera cuts out.
Agent_Li fucking breaks down into tears.
<Heiden_GM>: Screams from the other Agents.
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux: "LI! Can you read us? Do you Copy?"
<Agent_Li>: "I-…I didn't…It…it sounded like he was…."
<Heiden_GM>: Nikodem: "Do not use your radios!"
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux: "No, Don't worry, We read you. Something happened, we're alright."
<Agent_Li>: "Wha-t…What's happening?" Li asks, her voice quivering and scared.
<Heiden_GM>: You can see through their cameras: Helgason's body slumped across a desk in what looks like a small classroom. On the chalkboard, "RECESS" is written in large letters.
* Agent_Nielson is now known as Imants
<Heiden_GM>: After a few minutes of conferring, the team heads for the door in the corner, Nikodem taking point.
Agent_Li wipes her face and tries to focus again.
<Heiden_GM>: Nikodem: "Li. This place is not suited to our use. Tell them that. We will try to kill the whatever it is that is here. We cannot go back."
<Heiden_GM>: The voice grows fainter.
<Heiden_GM>: Nikodem: "Also, I love you. Stab the one who planned this, please."
<Agent_Li>: "Are…you sure?"
<Agent_Li>: Ahem, late response. redact
<Agent_Li>: "I-…I don't…" Li watches the monitors with confusion and distress.
<Heiden_GM>: No response. Nikodem's microphone light dims as he flicks it off.
Agent_Li comms Cathers. "A-agent…?"
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "This is he."
<Agent_Li>: "The team says," she pauses a moment. "The team says the site is lost. they can't come back."
<Heiden_GM>: A few faint curses from the other side before Cather regains his composure. "I'm sorry, Agent. No chance of extraction whatsoever? We can get a team in the first few rooms. The sun's still up for a few hours yet. If the sun goes down…"
<Agent_Li>: "Th-they turned off their radios…They said they would try to kill what…what's down there…"
<Heiden_GM>: They didn't turn off their radio, just their microphones. You can't hear what they're saying, is all.
<Heiden_GM>: They're still within contact, if you so choose.
<Agent_Li>: Oh, pardon
<Agent_Li>: "Stand by," to Cather. To the team, "SHould I…request extraction?"
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux: "Extraction? If we can get it, yes."
<Heiden_GM>: Nikodem seems to be experiencing technical difficulties, and he cannot get his microphone working again.
<Agent_Li>: "Cather, get them out."
<Heiden_GM>: "Going in now with a team. Where are they?"
<Agent_Li>: To Team: "Your location?"
<Heiden_GM>: "We're in a schoolroom, down a set of very unstable stairs."
Agent_Li relays this location to the extraction guys.
<Heiden_GM>: ^ that's Deboux.
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "Er… that's not really enough to go on, Agent. We're heading down the steps now, but we aren't fitted with collars. Which way did they go- oh, I see, door off the hinges. I think we can follow."
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "We're in the hallway. Which door, Agent?"
<Agent_Li>: To Deboux, "Extraction team is in the hallway, which door?"
<Heiden_GM>: The time is 5:15 PM. Sunset tonight is at 5:50 PM.
<Agent_Li>: At least it isn't 3 in the morning.
<Heiden_GM>: Teese: "The right door, the one with the door taken off of its hinges."
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "We've got it."
<Heiden_GM>: The two chime in almost simultaneously.
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "Oh, mother /fucker/."
<Agent_Li>: Li snaps to attention, "Cather?"
<Heiden_GM>: "Trying to figure out how we're going to extract, Agent. Ninety degree turn AROUND a wall, so we can't see past to throw a rope their way. The staircase has collapsed."
<Agent_Li>: "….W-what should I do if…you get lost too?" To Cather
<Heiden_GM>: "If the sun goes down and we're still in there, alert Command, detonate everyone still inside, and get a gun. Call in the the Stonewallers on exterior perimeter duty and watch the front door."
<Heiden_GM>: "Kill ANYONE that comes out."
<Heiden_GM>: "Burn the bodies inside the house."
<Agent_Li>: "O-okay…"
<Heiden_GM>: 5:25.
<Agent_Li>: "Five minutes."
<Agent_Li>: I mean
<Agent_Li>: Never mind. For I read silly things.
Agent_Li tries to pull herself together. Again. Again.
<Heiden_GM>: "Agent Li, don't look at the cameras when they come down."
<Heiden_GM>: "There's… there's nothing worth seeing."
<Agent_Li>: Li might succumb to her unfortunately human nature and peek at said cameras for a brief moment.
<Agent_Li>: "…Okay."
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux slides down into the staircase room. The floor is covered in bodies - it's actually not clear whether the floor is built from bodies or merely obscured by them. Etched deep into the wall is "BROKEN TOYS".
<Heiden_GM>: Agent Nielson's remains are splayed against the wall near Deboux.
Agent_Li blanches and keeps her head down.
<Heiden_GM>: A scream and a faint thump, as a body careens over the doorway as Deboux scales the rope. Then… then a snapping noise.
<Agent_Li>: Her head snaps up, "C-Cathers! What's happening?!"
<Heiden_GM>: It's 5:45.
Agent_Li begins to sob quietly.
<Heiden_GM>: Deboux's camera bounces for a few moments as he pulls himself up. You then see a lone Stonewaller, eyeing him with a distinctly predatory expression.
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "The… it got my men. The rope broke."
<Heiden_GM>: He sounds utterly resigned.
Agent_Li shouts incomprehensibly into the monitor, some primal mixture of despair, apology, and complete and utter helplessness.
<Heiden_GM>: Simon's camera backpedals rapidly and jumps back down the pit.
<Agent_Li>: Time?
<Heiden_GM>: 5:50 PM.
<Heiden_GM>: Cather: "It was a pleasure, Agent. Goodbye."
<Heiden_GM>: [Give me a sec]
<Agent_Li>: "Cather no I'm sorry!" Her hand shakes violently as she reaches for the last switches.
<Heiden_GM>: All feeds cut out.
Agent_Li alerts Command that the team and following extraction team was lost, flips the last switches, and calls the Stonewallers, as told.
<Agent_Li>: She manages to calm her voice enough to get the messages through.
<Heiden_GM>: After the messages are out, she is alone in the silence.
<Agent_Li>: Li just sits there. By suddenly feeling infinitely small, she's made conscious of her sidearm. Then she gets out, away, in however way she can.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License