Martin Sage

Name: Lt. Martin Sage

ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT UNTIL EARLY SEPTEMBER TIMEFRAME

Position: Combat Field Intelligence Officer

Skills

Agility: 0

Deception: 4

Technologist: 1

Perception: 5

Sociability: 2

Mental Defense: 1

Physical Defense: 2

Ranged Weapons: 3

Simple Weapons: 1

Medical: 1

Science: 0

Academia: 0

Health: 7

Mental Health: 7

XP:

Factions

Foundation: Espionage 2
Foundation: Security 1
Military: 2

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

Encrypted Toughbook with JWICS/SIPR/Foundation-Net/Internet Satlink
Canon Micro-Camera with 6x digital zoom
Digital Voice recorder for 8 hours of record time, voice activated
Dog Tags and ID case holder, armband
STU-III compatible smartphone

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

Field Case
Breach Shotgun w/ Standoff Attachment
Sig P229 chambered in .357 sig in SERPA holster
Load Displacement Backpack
Basic field medical kit
Mk18M1 with holographic/barrel tap light and suppressor
Standard combat body armor, Sand/tan
Quick Translation Field Guide (6 languages: Pashtu, Farsi, Dari, Hindi, Urdu, Russian)
General Combat Knife
Utility Gerber

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

Lord Nikon: Photographic memory, extreme capabilities of recollection
Atomic Clock: Very good at guessing what time it is without requiring a clock
Eagle Eyes: Very finely honed senses, notices details most will miss
Spirit of Zen: Extremely Patient, rarely raises voice unless contrived for the situation
The Big Picture: Great at making disparate connections to join the local theatre into an overall strategic/operational picture
Mother Theresa: Empathetic with the plights of suffering

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

Tinfoil hat: Tends to find conspiracies or suspect people in innocuous places
Don’t step on the crack!: Near-OCD for his workspace/work documents or kitchen
Bean bag: Lazy in living space cleanliness/resting area
Bleeding heart: Sometimes can be TOO empathetic to a human subject
Stop talking, please: Once talking about a subject, can sometimes be TOO verbose
Need some Action!: Gets bored easily when at a desk without a pending task

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Born in South Florida, Martin Sage wanted to go into the military most of his life. At first, he thought the glamour of being a pilot was alluring, but eventually he drifted over to the thought of intelligence after watching a few too many James Bond movies. Commissioned as an Ensign in the Navy from Villanova University after graduating with a Major in Physics with a minor in Psychology, he was sent to Dam Neck, VA, for training in an NOBC slated to go away, Combat Field Intelligence Officer, or 9614. After that, he was sent to Little Creek, VA for amphibious landing training and tactics, and then to Coronado, CA for covert insertion and survival training. Following his session at SERE, he was sent to NSW 3 in Coronado. During his time there, he did SO tours in Iraq, Afghanistan and Djibouti. After 2 years, he was transferred to SWDG, where he served as a Field testing Officer for Intelligence directives. He deployed twice to Afghanistan in support of operations against the Iranian Intelligence/Espionage directorate. This tour lasted two years, during which he completed a Master’s degree in Psychology. His final tour was with NSW 4 in Little Creek, where he deployed over 12 times to numerous locations, specializing in HUMINT Collection.
This tour was near the end of the life cycle for his NOBC, which was slated to be decommissioned for the more common 9600 version. His CO at the final station was a general intelligence officer, and he slated now Lt. Martin for a desk job, which would have killed his chance for promotion to O-4 and utterly disgusted someone that was used to working in the field. Instead, he took a position as a faculty professor at Stanford University, where he taught National Security Policies, Military History, and graduate (master’s level) psychology classes. However, this chafed against him, and he was vocal about not enjoying a desk job.
His superlative record and uncanny attention to detail brought him to the attention of the Foundation, who thought he would make an excellent Investigative Agent. During his tenure as an Agent, he helped track down and locate 6 anomalous SCP’s by analyzing the human terrain, along with correlations in standard military channels. Several times he worked outside of his authorization in order to discover the location of anomalous items, earning him both praise and reprimand for not using proper channels. His uncanny ability to utilize non-standard informational sources and correlate them into a singular picture, along with his combat tested ability (although NOT a frontline combat member) has earned him the attention of Site 23 staffing and an employment offer for field intelligence.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

Lt. Sage maintains his contacts within the military from his old units, as there are many combat tested friends there. He resigned his commission upon accepting the Foundation appointment. Very accurate with a sidearm, excellent with a rifle, good with a shotgun, general knowledge of other weapons from familiarization courses. Maintains a very active physical regimen in regards to exercise and is an avid basketball player. Has an Active TS/SCI/G/HCS/YW/Q clearance with the US Government maintained by the Foundation Espionage division. He also did unspecific/classified work with Mossad/IDF. He is currently 31 years old.
His nickname is just "Sage" because he remembers things that most people would have forgotten (or wanted to). He is a little under 6 feet tall, about 175, fairly heavily muscled from his active exercise regimen. He has brown hair and hazel eyes, and rarely cracks more than a small smile.

cFdrZ.jpg
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License