John Sawiczki

Name: John Sawiczki

Position: SCP Researcher, Clearance 2

assigned to SCP-███, "Tamlin House"

Skills

  • Foreign Culture (Polish): 1
  • Mathematics (differential geometry, differential topology): 4
  • Physics (pathological general relativistic structures): 4
  • SCP Knowledge(Lv. 2 Clearance): 4
  • Law: 1
  • Persuasion: 1
  • Sense Motive: 2
  • Defense: 3

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

  • pencil drawing, portrait of the face of a young woman. She is starring straight ahead.
  • several mathematics and physics textbooks, many of them signed by the authors.

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

  • A suite of stationary and field laboratory equipment. Examples include differential microgravimeters and seismometers.
  • A tracking device, intended to report his location to his lab. Used during Tamlin missions.

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

  • exceptionally sensitive to lies
  • well-known for being sensitive to bureaucratic and academic politics

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

  • feelings of inferiority, increased during periods of slow research progress
  • substance abuse problems during student career involving nootropics such as cognitive and memory enhancers

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Dr. Sawiczki was a successful and well-liked mathematical physicist before Foundation employ. Despite bad luck involving several cases of both plagiarism of his work as well as academic dishonesty on the part of students, Sawiczki shows a natural talent for navigating such disputes. The years in normal academia have made Sawiczki adept at navigating legal, bureaucratic, and academic politics. He came to Foundation attention when he applied for and obtained a Foundation "fishing grant". For four years, Sawiczki worked on low-security Foundation projects as part of the stipulations of this grant. At the end of the grant's duration, Dr. Sawiczki accepted a Foundation commission disguised as a offer for private sector employment.

At the Foundation, Sawiczki was no longer the most notable or prestigious member of his peers. As he became aware of more and more of the implications of what the Foundation did, Dr. Sawiczki came to have difficulties resolving his stature in his life before the Foundation with his present situation. He has become convinced that he lies in the "second tier" of researchers employed by the Foundation, assets deployed to projects of secondary urgency and importance.

Dr. Sawiczki has spent many years working with the Foundation, in his mind never obtaining the stature and respect he so desperately craves. Despite what he has convinced himself of, Foundation human resources considers him a notable long-term assest, able to generate useful knowledge and insight without being plagued by the burn-out experienced by many other researchers. His insecurities do threaten periods of productivity loss, but if appropriately managed, can be used as a useful motivator for Sawiczki.

Dr. Sawiczki's previous assignment was as research lead on SCP-915, taking for Dr. Foudray upon the death or loss of three of Foudray's research assistants. Dr. Sawiczki's research was notable in explaining an ambiguity that had been previously noted in SCP-915's egress point's apparent mass, as well as coming with a partial theory of the statistical mechanics and thermodynamics of SCP-915.

Sawiczki has been reassigned to attempt to map SCP-███ ("Tamlin House") both in terms of generating models to predict the specifics of the dynamic internal configuration, as well as predict the emergence of external egress points.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

Dr. Sawiczki is to be granted access to SCP-███, "the Dipsomantic Liquor", upon written and filed request.

sawiczki.jpg
Dr. Sawiczki's identification photo on file
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License