This is not an overview of what characters in AD have done. This is an overview of the plot. If you don't recognize some of the character names below, don't worry too much, it's likely not going to matter. For those of you that still care. I'll post links to the sheets of characters that have been prominently involved in the plot so far.
This is a run-down on the Active Duty RP's backstory, hopefully by the end of it you'll have a basic understanding on the plot up until now. For questions about where Site-023 is, the tone of the RP, or mechanical questions look here. I'll start with Site-067 or The Tamlin House because it's a piece of the plot that is tangled up in nearly everything. Tamlin House is a castle/manor/non-euclidean hell-gate that The Foundation is using to contain Jager, who I'll talk about more in just a bit. The house has many rooms inside it. 6666 of them. Jager is a soulless eldritch monster that is very, very dangerous. Think pissed off, vengeful Nyarlothep.
I'm going to explain how Jager is contained now. This part is is a bit complicated, at least I think it is, so bear with me, and it should all make sense.
There are three sets of thirteen artifacts.
This means there are 39 artifacts in total.
One full set of thirteen have been recovered.
Each set of thirteen is used to seal away 1/3 of Jager to the house.
Jager is 1/3 of the way sealed. His body is sealed, and his Power is restricted to the house.
Jager's Mind is still loose in the world, and causing all sorts of trouble.
The logs collected there are in no particular order, so reading through them in any way that would make sense would be very difficult. I'll try and summarize they key events here. It'll get more detailed the closer we get to recent happenings. Sorry, I don't know much about the older plot. This will include stuff about tamlin, just because it's that tied in to everything. Unless specified as otherwise, all names in the below refer to Player Characters, or PC's. Except Jager, Jager is /not/ a PC.
1. First tamlin run happens. Everyone almost dies. (Confirmation needed)
2. Mini-clef, not a PC, is made/introduced somehow. He will be a recurring antagonist.
3 The water monster plot, in which Laito completes an unsolvable puzzle and kills 200 people. Way to go, Laito.
4. TJ's(not a pc, is scp-590) powers are removed, and Bright is successfully detached from 963, as he prepares to retire and hand the site over to Strelnikov, Light, and Gerald. Unfortunately, it was all an illusion caused by 239, all of which is erased when she's killed, thus fucking up a lot of shit. Heiden also returns from the dead.
5. Hagger and Hatbot- Gerald's((The person, not the character)) plot. There's some other stuff attached to this but I don't remember right now.
6 The Cartographers plot, starring 947. Mostly a one-off thing, but still epic, because everyone but Li died.
7. The Site 17 plot, involving the Hanged King, Cash or Ash, Sorts, a plane crash, near-suicide, and guest appearances by Raelin, Lurker, and Dumont. NOWHERE
8. Alex Laito promoted to director of Site-023. Bright is stuck in the tamlin house. Mann becomes director of personnel. Yoric get's the hell out of the site. All around roughly the same time.
9. Several tamlin runs. Second set of artifacts recovered in full, gerald((PC this time)), the current director of 023 performs first sealing ceremony, becomes bound to Tamlin as it's 'caretaker'.
10. Training of Black and Thompson for MC&D tournament. They fight able several times as practice.
11. Tournament happens. Both Thompson and Black reach final round, versus Mini-clef. Both manage to escape alive, with the prize, a ring that can grant any three wishes. Return to Foundation, with the ring, as heroes. Mini-clef is dead.
12. Time Travel Adventure. Saved Hitler to prevent catastrophic damage to reality. Dr. Light, Dr. Cole, Dr. Mann, Dr. Mackay, Agent Stephens and Agent Mason get time-cloned, and effectively locked out of their previous lives as a result of succeeding. Clones carry on the originals lives without ever knowing what happened. Originals go off to do various things. Dr. Light travels back in time, becomes O5-2, while her time-clone carries on her normal life.
13. Alex Laito has a fit of insanity brought on by an scp. Jack Dawkins becomes director.
14. Dawkins gets more than a little angry at Dr. Mann for his experiments in brainwashing via micro-chipping/conditioning Site-023 personnel. Most notably Gnosis. Dr. Mann defects, using a brain controlled Thompson as distraction to flee the site.
15. The reboot. This marks the switch over into AD's current character characters, and recent plot. Dawkins, along wiht all old character are phased out. New characters come in.
16. Dr. Cole(the original, not the time-clone) returns to site-023 using some dimensional time-travelers head. Just the head, mind you. Babbles some incoherent warnings about someone(Dr. Mann, the original) dangerous who's apparently been grafting powerful scps on to himself, and destroyed alpha site,the moon base, if not the foundation in another time-line/the future. And he's coming to this one. Dr. Cole sedated, and presumably taken in for questioning.
17. A team sent to investigate a possible scp. Turns out to be a child 'bixby' (reality bender) and his army of toys. Boy was captured. Jager was involved, bear still at large.
18. Several Tamlin runs.
19. Jager attacks Stimsons searching for artifacts. Slaughters a foundation outpost on the way. Jager defeated with the help of some weapons in stimsons. Tamlin Wand recovered this way.
20. More tamlin runs.
21. The present!