Dr. Kensington

Name: Dr. Jacob Kensington

Position: Director of Research

Skills

Agility: 1

Deception: 0

Technologist: 4

Perception: 3

Sociability: 0

Mental Defense: 0

Physical Defense: 0

Ranged Weapons: 3 (+1 when using weapons in his right arm.)

Simple Weapons: 0

Medical: 4

Science: 5

Academia: 1 (French)

Health: 7

Mental Health: 5

XP: 1 (Used 2)

Factions

  • Research

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

  • Wand: Beech, 3-inches, dragon heartstring.
  • Digital SLR camera w/ memory cards and lenses.
  • A deck of cards.
  • Numerous pencils and an artist's sketchbook.
  • A rubber ball.
  • Fume-filtering Respirator.
  • Albuterol Inhaler

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

  • Surgeon's Kit
  • Espionage PDA
  • Bionic arm [Right]

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

Good eyes, Hawkeye. - Jacob grew up loving photography and drawing, so he developed a keen sense of vision. Though slightly myopic, he is able to notice things others cannot.

Magic hands. - Working with robots and mechanics in high school and college has given Jacob the ability to work quickly, skillfully, and accurately with his hands. He rarely drops things he holds on to.

Bionic man. - He now has a self-developed bionic right arm to replace the one he lost. The arm gives him extra strength and decreases response time in his right arm. When he uses a weapon with his right arm, he's able to grip it tighter and recoil affects him less. He gains a small bonus to ranged weapons.

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

Bad Lungs, Man. - Born with Asthma, he is more sensitive to noxious chemicals and fumes. Although he carries a respirator at all times, sudden fumes can leave him more vulnerable when dealing with hand-to-hand combat. Common emissions, like exhaust from a car or air freshener, do not affect him when exposed. He can tolerate levels of those emissions similar to that of a healthy adult.
Stolen Heaven. Kens accepted Iain Kennedy’s deal, but the contract was stopped by John Williamson. He hold some resentment to him for this reason.

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Jacob Kensington, harking from a town in central New Jersey, grew up working with biological lab work, medical training, and engineering influences. After leading a small robotics team against other teams in an international competition and sequencing dozens of new DNA sequences for a local university, he was accepted at Johns Hopkins for their Biomedical Engineering program and Medical Program. He graduated with a PhD in BME and an MD - he went back and got a PhD in robotics, and eventually got a job working with a start-up electronics company known as Psionics International. After a few run-ins with various SCPs, he was contracted by the Foundation, where he currently works.

Following a lab accident on July 8th, ████, he lost his biological right arm. He was able to replace it with a prototype prosthetic arm that he'd been developing as a side-project for the Foundation. As of right now, it's simply an arm, slightly stronger and faster than his original one. It can potentially be upgraded with SCPs to provided added benefits, but there's no development on that end as of right now.

Jacob Kensington was promoted to Director following the "retirement" of Alice Dodridge.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

He likes to tinker with making robots in his spare time, so he has an incomplete bot in his quarters. He calls it GX-67. It communicates with emoticons on a faceplate/LED screen, and through chitters, mrrs, and beeps.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License