Delano Smascher

Name: Dr. Delano Smascher

Position: Researcher/Safety Inspector, Level 2 clearance

Skills

Agility: 3

Deception: 0

Technologist: 0

Perception: 3

Sociability: 0

Mental Defense: 3

Physical Defense: 3

Ranged Weapons: 4

Simple Weapons: 0

Medical: 0

Science: 5

Academia: 0

Health: 7

Mental Health: 7

XP: 4

Factions

Security: 2

Research: 3

Espionage: 1

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

Smartphone w/ camera, carried.
LED flashlight, carried.
Digital audio recording device (for easy dictation of notes), carried.
Multitool, carried.
Spare batteries, carried.
A lighter and a box of matches, carried.

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

General:
Loaded Mateba Autorevolver, Hunter variant, with X400 Laser/Light and five moon clips of Raufoss ammunition for the Autorevolver, carried.
Loaded XDm45 in .50GI with X400 Laser/Light and four magazines of ammunition, carried.
Thermal optics, carried.
Ready bag, carried.
Smascher's Indestructo-Box of Science: Box armored with titanium disulfide plates, kevlar, a steel shock frame, and an inner layer of stainless steel to resist acids. The box itself contains various reagents, litmus paper, acids, bases, sterile vials with stoppers, and assorted other scientific supplies for field missions. Science rolls use d7s instead of d6s.

Field:
Personal armor most frequently worn in MOPP 2 configuration. Mask, re-breather, and gloves carried. (In ready bag.)
XM109 payload rifle with day/night optics loaded with slugs. Carries additional magazines of ammunition. Rifle modified for grenade airburst capability. Carried in a black gun case.

Assorted other weapons in ready bag. Will add those later.

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

Very straight-forward, to the point. Not terribly patient.

Exposure to AMN-C227 during Incident BRCS-06 has left him with a lingering ability to perceive extremely diffuse concentrations of the agent and, by extension, the presence of SCP-939.

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

He has a tendency to speak out against orders, statements, and actions which strike him as ill-advised, regardless of the source. Also very impatient when it comes to bureaucratic matters - not that these two things are in any way related.

He regards most red objects with something between an abundance of caution and downright paranoia depending upon his mental state at a given time. Is not a paragon of mental or emotional stability. He's paranoid in general, really.

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Born in the western US in the mid to late '60s, graduated high school at the top of his class two years early and awarded academic scholarships through a Foundation front. Joined the Foundation upon graduation with a degree in biology, or so he's told. Assigned to SCP-939 research at Bio-Containment and Research Site-06. He was promoted to head of SCP-939 research in 1988.

He was one of only four survivors of Incident BCRS-06 in 1991, and the only one still alive. He remembers nothing of the events which occurred within Site-06, only what transpired after the effects of AMN-C227 wore off; his first recollection is running. The incident left him with post-traumatic stress disorder; he staunchly resists counseling. Following the incident, he was assigned to research of SCP-939-A6 to determine if it was an SCP candidate or part of SCP-939's growth cycle. He became attached, as there was little evidence it was anything but a child during the span of time he was assigned to the project; he's the "daddy" referenced in the audio log. After his attachment became apparent, he was dosed with amnesiacs, to be transferred to research of adult specimens.

He suffered an adverse reaction to the amnesiac. It erased the entirety of his memories pertaining to his life before joining the Foundation, including his place of birth, name, and age, but left his memories of everything after joining intact. He knows only what the Foundation has told him of who he was, and while he doesn't trust the Foundation, he sees no point to digging.

Multiple requests for transfer to other research projects were filed in the wake of the amnesiac incident, but none were acknowledged.

In response to this, Dr. Smascher submitted a request to put SCP-939 specimens through SCP-914, hoping this would be seen as a sign of mental instability and his transfer granted. Instead, the request was approved. Being the sane, rational individual that he is, he followed through with the test. Afterward, his transfer was granted, and he was reassigned to Site-23 as a researcher and safety inspector - his paranoia and attention to detail when it comes to object containment make him ideally suited for the job.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

He's the current target of SCP-938, or would be, were it ever to breach containment. Stands 5'8", weighs about 160 lbs. Blond hair, gray eyes.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License