Avery Cates

Name: Avery Andrew Cates

Position: Level 2 Researcher

Skills

  • Defense: 2 +1
  • Thievery: 4
  • Melee Combat: 3 +1
  • Gun Combat: 1
  • Electronics: 4
  • Stealth: 3
  • SCP Knowledge: 4
  • /Persuasion: +1

Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions

Reinforced Wood Cane
Messenger Bag

Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment

Beretta M92F
Ka-Bar Knife

Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits

Mr. Cates dislikes the use of guns, calling them amateurish. He prefers stealth and subtlety to get him up close and personal even in the face of his disability. He will however shoot if no other options present themselves.

Cates was never killed to save the Foundation from zombies. OR WAS HE?

Cates has a tendency to attempt to accomplish his goals through subterfuge even if there is an easier way.

Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws

Cates' right leg is crippled thus negating any serious movement and putting him in constant pain. Coincidentally, he believes any medical problem can be solved with proper application of pain killers.

Cates has a marked difficulty empathizing with others emotionally and automatically resents fully mobile people.

After a run in with [REDACTED] Cates has a massive anger/fear issue with anything resembling a zombie.

Herpes.

Addendum 3-A: Personnel History

Avery Cates was born an Irish citizen but moved to the USA only a few years after birth. He led as normal a life as a child with prestigious parents can, becoming deeply interested in the paranormal and computer hardware since an accident at age 15 left him with a crippled leg and thus unable to partake in much physical activity and resenting those that could. His stand-offish attitude led to him finding underhanded ways to sabotage those who made enemies of him. This and his proficiency with lies played no small part in his near alarming rise in rank through his civilian employment at [Data Redacted].

Baring his off color practices he is also extremely talented when it comes to finding flaws in code and machinery, working closely with AI development. It is this skill that brought him to the attention of the Foundation. He was first contacted with an employment opportunity following soon after a failed blackmail attempt on his company's CEO, the results of which left him near destitute. Having no money and having alienated most everyone he came into contact with, he quickly took the job as an opportunity to salvage his life. He is now an employee of the Foundation specializing in computer related and mechanical SPCs.

Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous

crappycates.jpg
Avery Andrew Cates.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License