Name: Desmond "Monty" Monticelli
Position: Agent (Forensics department), Clearance Level 1.
- Defense: 3 - Can pretty much stay upright even if he takes a solid blow to the face. Repeated blows might still cause problems.
- SCP Knowledge: 2 - Really just getting started.
- Driving: 2 - Car chases, whoo!
- Persuasion: 2
- Science (Forensics): 2
- Sense Motive: 2
- Street Sense: 4
- Melee Combat: 2
- Stealth: 1 - Stolen from someone else in the Shitty Room.
Addendum 1-A: Inventory of Possessions
- Slightly wrinkled, white, long-sleeved, button-down shirt with collar.
- Short, narrow, red necktie.
- Pleated brown slacks.
- Dark brown loafers.
- Weather-beaten medium-brown trench coat (slightly lighter shade than the slacks).
- Home fingerprinting kit. ("Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? Find out with this! Includes ink pad, fingerprinting paper, and charcoal powder with application brush.")
- Half-used matchbook from "Coco Bonga" nightclub. Hastily-scrawled and barely legible phone number written underneath cover.
Addendum 1-B: Inventory of Equipment
- Colt M1911, .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun. Hasn't been cleaned in a while and tends to jam on rare occasions, not that he uses it.
Addendum 2-A: Notable Character Traits
- Built like a fridge. Can take a couple of strong blows to the chest and not be knocked over (not to say that it doesn't hurt).
- Has relatively strong investigative sense, tends to draw more information from things than most people. (Is also a flaw: tends to overthink things much of the time.)
Addendum 2-B: Notable Character Flaws
- Doesn't really care if he's disrespecting the target of his conversation - was at least part of the reason for his dismissal from LAPD.
Addendum 3-A: Personnel History
- Attended university, barely graduated with Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Science.
- Served in LAPD SWAT for two years.
- Ejected from the force after a friendly-fire incident involving a pepperball gun and a malfunctioning taser - Monticelli discovered by accident that the chemicals used in pepperballs will set alight if they conduct the voltage from a taser accidentally set to too high of a voltage. Due to his negligence in taser maintenance, Monticelli was held responsible for a hostage being set on fire and said hostage's house burning to the ground. His conduct when reporting to the Captain ultimately resulted in his dismissal.
- After ejection from LAPD, took up private investigation.
- Was notably involved in a case locally referred to as "MS-2" - due to lack of jurisdictional limits, Mr. Monticelli was able to cross the border in pursuit of a man suspected of carrying out an armored car robbery. Suspect was placed under arrest and convicted, though Monticelli was forbidden from entering the court room, due to his history with the officers involved in the case.
- Near the conclusion of the MS-2 case, Mr. Monticelli searched the suspect's car and discovered, in the middle of the car's operating manual, a poor-quality photocopy of document SCP-265. Despite having solved the case, this stray clue has been biting at Mr. Monticelli for the last several months.
- Having attempted to sniff out all other possible instances of SCP (including the Scottish Christian Party, Seattle Computer Products, and the School for Command Preparation), Monticelli has only one lead left: a strange warehouse in Australia, supposedly operated by Soap from Corpses Products Inc.
- Was caught inside the warehouse by Agent Lombardi, interrogated by Strelnikov, kept in a cell for a week, then finally assigned to Site 23's Forensics division.
Addendum 3-B: Miscellaneous
Nothing of particular note…yet.
page revision: 9, last edited: 24 Jun 2010 04:03